Custodes + Ultramarines Army List - 2000



So the list below is sort of a modification of the list I have used last time out

As with the list last time its moving away from my Static gunline, this list is very much an in your face approach to the game. 


++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [54 PL, 1077pts] ++

+ HQ [8 PL, 142pts] +

Shield Captain in Allarus Terminator Armor [8 PL, 142pts]: Gatekeeper, Guardian Spear [12pts], Superior Creation, Warlord

+ Troops [8 PL, 177pts] +

Custodian Guard Squad [8 PL, 177pts]
Custodian [3 PL, 59pts]: Sentinel Blade [9pts], Storm Shield [10pts] x 3

+ Fast Attack [20 PL, 406pts] +

Vertus Praetors [20 PL, 406pts]
Vertus Praetor [5 PL, 109pts]: Misericordia [4pts], Salvo Launcher [25pts] x2 
Vertus Praetor [5 PL, 94pts]: Hurricane Bolter [10pts], Misericordia [4pts]  x 2


+ Elites [18 PL, 352pts] +

Allarus Custodians [18 PL, 352pts]
Allarus Custodian [5 PL, 88pts]: Castellan Axe [14pts], Misericordia [4pts] x 4

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [31 PL, 532pts]++ ++

+ HQ [7 PL, 130pts] +

Chief Librarian Tigurius [7 PL, 130pts]: 2) Might of Heroes, 3) Psychic Scourge, 5) Psychic Fortress

+ Heavy Support +

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought [9 PL, 206pts] . Two twin lascannons [100pts]: 2x Twin lascannon [100pts]

+ Elites [24 PL, 402pts] +

Reiver Squad [10 PL, 200pts]: Bolt Carbine, Grav Chutes [20pts]
9x Reiver [162pts] 
Reiver Sergeant [18pts]: Bolt Carbine, Heavy Bolt Pistol

Relic Sicaran Battle Tank [14 PL, 185pts]: Heavy bolter [10pts] . Two heavy bolters [20pts]: 2x Heavy bolter [20pts]

Sternguard Veteran Squad [14 PL, 202pts] . 
Space Marine Veteran [18pts]: Special issue boltgun [2pts] x 7
Space Marine Veteran w/Heavy Weapon [29pts]: Plasma gun [13pts] x 2
Veteran Sergeant [18pts]: Chainsword, Special issue boltgun [2pts]

++ Total: [108 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Army List Thoughts

It has 4 Command points, which is not a lot for how hungry Custodes are for command points, and it is a Custodes list with Ultramarine allies, not the other way around! 

With 9 units, I believe I need 5 of them to start on the table, and that brings us to a starting table force of:

Tigurius, Sternguard Veteran Squad, Sicaran Battle Tank, Mortis Contemptor and the Custodian Guard. 

This allows me to deep strike the Shield Captain, Jetbikes (for 1CP), Allarus Terminators & Reivers. 

All up it means i can put 4 units in your deployment zone turn 1, 5 if I combat squad the Reivers - although that pushes up my drops. The other point is it does mean I am dropping my Warlord into your face, potentially giving away an easy Kill point... but with smart targeting I am hopeful that I can also get your Warlord on the drop... maybe!

With smart CP usage it allows me a wide range of options and should allow me to really close the range with the things that can threaten me. 

Its an aggressive list, and if you get deployment wrong I think it will struggle, but it is dropping 35 models on the table - more than my GT list did, and without as many points tied up in any one unit (like the Spartan!). 

Comments