Two Different 1750 lists



So this weekend I have a friendly 1750 point tournament, probably around 10-12 players in attendance, but there will be a good range of armies and opponents there.




With one eye on future tournaments I have tried building two lists for this 1750 tournament. One is a Grey Knight / Space Wolf allied list, the other just Necrons.


The first list plays to my strengths which is that of shock and awe.

List 1:

Primary
Inqusitor, Terminator Armour, Psycannon
Grey Knight Terminators x 5, 3 Halberds, 1 Sword, 1 Daemonhammer, 1 Psycannon
Grey Knight Terminators x 5, 3 Halberds, 1 Sword, 1 Daemonhammer, 1 Psycannon
Interceptors x 10, Psybolt Ammunition, Incinerator x 2
Dreadknight, Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator
Dreadknight, Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator

Allies
Space Wolf Rune Priest, Meltabombs, Jaws of the World Wolf / Murderous Hurricane
Grey Hunters x 10, Plasma Gun x 2, Drop Pod
Grey Hunters x 6, Meltagun, Drop Pod

This list puts 10 Interceptors, 2 Dreadknights and 1 Drop Pod into your deployment zone turn 1. With some good luck I can get rid of a chunk of your army that is capable of threateninig mine.
My lists are usually built with the Glass Cannon in mind, they are awesome against some things, and terrible against others. This will struggle against fliers unless you have a quad gun you want to give me.
They tend to do pretty well against people who have never seen the list before so I can hope they will do the business.

There are some tournaments coming up later in the year at 1750 points which I hope to attend and would like to have an army ready for.

My Chaos Daemons are miles away from being table top ready, both in my experience (which is less of an issue) and in terms of them being painted and modelled (which is a huge issue). The Necrons can and have done the job in the past, but in the end for tournaments I almost always gravitate back to my slightly wierd Grey Knight list.

It hasnt changed too much in the last 18 months, and not sure it will change much in the future (although my future sight aint that good).


With the introduction of fliers I should have changed it, I should be bringing in an Aegis with a Quad Gun or Lascannon, but I tend to find those points get spent elsewhere, and rely on the fact that most people bring one of those to the table top for me to try and take off them.
The second list I am debating using is my Necrons... the complete opposite to the Grey Knights, a slow moving wall of shooty death!




Overlord - Warscythe, Mindshackle Scarabs, Resurrection Orb
Royal Court, Harbinger of Destruction x 2, Solar Pulse
Necron Warriors x 13, Night Scythe
Necron Warriors x 8, Ghost Ark
Necron Warriors x 8, Ghost Ark
Necron Immortals x 9, Tesla Carbines
Scarabs x 5
Tomb Blades x 5, Gauss Blasters
Triarch Stalker
Triarch Stalker
Annhilation Barge
Annhilation Barge

This list is also know as the AV13 wall... although I did look at getting a Monolith in there as well, but alas didnt have the points.

If you can pop the tanks then I will loose models pretty quickly, if you can't pop the tanks then you may have a problem.

So now the decision is which of these two lists to pick.... well I will post up on the blog tomorrow to let you all know, but I am keen to get your impressions of them.

Comments